Light verbs in ERG

Hi @Dan, in the “Multiword Expressions: A Pain in the Neck for NLP” paper (https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/3-540-45715-1_1), light verbs constructions are said to be handled by selection:

All nouns which can be used with a given light verb will have semantic types which inherit from the same type (for example mistake rel inherits from make arg rel). The light verb make then has the selectional restriction that its direct object must be of the type make arg rel). Another light verb, such as do, does not select for make arg rel, and thus will not allow *do a mistake. Nouns which can be used with more than one light verb multiply inherit from the relevant classes. The normal mechanisms of the grammar will allow for the selectional restrictions to be passed along through long distance dependencies such as in the mistakes that he managed to make were incredible.

I didn’t find the reported analysis in the current ERG files (trunk). The approach for LV changed after this paper was published? I found light_verb_mtr declared in the mtr.tdl file, I believe some experiments with paraphrases…