Show parse chart by emacs command (or paste into LKB Top?)

In the LKB classic, how do I:

(1) get a parse chart after parsing something with C-c p command in emacs? (vs. using the LKB Top window)?

(2) alternatively, how do I paste something I cannot type, in the LKB Top window? (it has non-ascii characters in it, I don’t want to install keyboards or do anything like that at the moment; I can paste into emacs but not into the parse window in LKB classic?)

Hi Olga,

‘‘Parse | Show parse chart’’ should work the same way regardless of how you invoked the parse command (via C-c p or the LKB Top window).

Emily

Hmm it appears as if it doesn’t in this case. Perhaps this would be the case if there is only one word in the sentence and it fails at the level of lexical rules?

1 Like

@olzama Emily’s explanation of the Show parse chart command is correct. To answer (2), you can paste into the Parse input… dialog by clicking the middle mouse button - also called <Button-2> by [incr tsdb()].

John

I think you’re right about what happens if there’s only one word and the grammar doesn’t have lexical coverage for it. Words that aren’t analyzed by the morphological system don’t show up in the chart…

1 Like

Hmm I am not sure I am able to do that, with my Macbook + Ubuntu VM combo… I will look into it more though.

Button 2 is cmd+trackpad click, in my case. It does work to paste into LKB-TOP, thank you John!

1 Like